Volunteers Needed for 5th Grade
Our 5th grade students will be graduating this year. This will be the last year our kids will be spending at P.S. 139Q, we want to make this the best year and most memorable graduation for them. In order to do that we need parent volunteers. Please sign up below to join the following committees:
- Yearbook committee – gather pictures and ideas to create the best yearbook for our graduating class.
- Senior dance committee – create a fun and exciting dance party to celebrate in June 2014. (DJ, party theme, party favors, food and drink)
- Senior dues committee – calculate and collect money for senior package (t-shirt, yearbook, panoramic picture, etc) and senior trip.
- Senior breakfast committee – organize and host breakfast for senior class to celebrate in June 2014. Senior package will be given out during breakfast celebration.
- Senior fundraising committee – to organize and raise money to help the cost of all senior activities. (ex: senior fundraising dance – March 2014)
- Senior picture day committee – assist students with cap and gown pictures in May 2014.
Please volunteer your time and know that you are helping to make this last year at P.S. 139Q a memorable year for the graduates. Please return the Senior Committee Volunteer sign up flyer back to your child’s teacher no later than Wednesday, December 11th. Each committee will have a follow up meeting. The Yearbook committee will have their first meeting on Tuesday, December 17th at 6:00 p.m. in the main cafeteria.
Call for Articles: The Parents’ Voice Newsletter
For the 2013 Fall issue, we welcome submissions welcome from all parents, teachers staff members and students. Please send your articles, photos, comments to Stone Chi-ying Hsieh, editor.
Please e-mail your submissions. No handwritten submissions will be accepted.
The deadline for the fall issue is Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Candy Sale Final Notice
We’re done! We will not accept any corrections after Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Please make any corrections on the Student Correction Sheet that came with your candy sale package. Please fill out all required information on that form. If you received any incorrect or damaged items, please return the item, along with the correction sheet, to your child’s teacher, or you can bring it to the main office at school. If you have any questions please email Susan_s_lee@hotmail.com.
If you have not picked up your candy order in the main office yet, please do so as soon as possible!!
Upcoming Parent Association Meetings
School Leadership Team Meeting:
Date: Friday, December 6th, 2013
Time: 7:15 am
Location: Room 209
P.A. Executive Board Meeting:
Date: Friday, December 13th, 2013
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Main Cafeteria
P.A. General Meeting:
Date: Tuesday, December 17th, 2013
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Main Cafeteria
5th Grade Parent Information Meeting
The Parents’ Association of P.S. 139Q hosted a 5th Grade Parent Information Meeting this year on two separate dates:
- Monday, November 18th, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
At this meeting the 5th Grade Teachers, Faculty and Graduation Committee members discussed the guidelines of what to expect for this senior year. Topics included ballroom dancing, picture day, senior picture day, yearbook, senior dues, senior dance and many more exciting events that will be happening this year for our 5th grade graduating class.
Thank you for your support in making this year at P.S. 139Q a memorable one for the graduates!
Thank You for Coming to the Halloween Party!
A big thank you goes out to all of the parents, teachers, and sudents who attended (and volunteered for!) our Halloween fundraiser party on October 19th. Its purpose was raise the funds needed for the art programs for this year (Bhangra dance, African drumming and Circus Arts).
We held a bake sale and had carnival games, face painting and other fun Halloween games. Please join our Facebook page to see photos from the event!